Sunday, August 2, 2009

Relay For Life

Relay For Life 2009 is over with, but not for donations. We have until August 31 to continue to add to our total of $4230.50. Our goal is $5000, so we are not that far away. Relay was fun for all those who attended. Our campsite was the only one with activities for the kids. Temporary tattoos (cowboy designs) and hair coloring with temporary hair spray were the biggest hits. Where else can you get a tattoo for a quarter? Our campsite was "How The West Was Won-One Cure at a Time". We took third place out of 19 campsites. Here are some pictures --the early stages of setting up and then almost done.






The survivor walk was one of the biggest groups we've had in many years. This year I was upfront and helping carry the banner. That's me on the far right.





The luminaria ceremony was great. My luminaries included one for myself as a survivor (Thanks Colin for buying my luminary)


I also bought luminaries for my Uncle Robert who is a prostate cancer survivor, as well as In Honor of my Grandmother-Myrtle Abshier, my aunts-Christine Cook and Juanita Price, and my uncle-Glenn Shafer.

You may continue to donate by sending a check made out to the American Cancer Society and mail it to my home address listed in previous posts.

Thanks for all who supported and I'm looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment